Monday, September 7, 2009

Spock Impressionist










(For making it bigger, you can click the image anywhere except on the green culottes.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Inappropriate Hair Gel.

People send me cartoon ideas all of the time and every now and then I'll use one. The most common thing for people to send me is a pun and although obvious puns make me groan as loudly as most, I like the strange ones. But even most of the strange ones are somehow not weighty enough to warrant a cartoon by themselves. So I've decided to start saving the ones I like, or that I can make into something I like, and use them on a semi-regular basis on Sundays under the heading "Sunday Punnies." This is the first one, the second one will appear in papers on October 18th of this year.

Some of the puns will be mine, some will be ones sent in some form by readers or friends. Either way, hope you likey real big.

Until tomorrow...stand tall and proud, unless there is a comfortable chair available.

5 comments:

Leo said...

What prehensile appendage could Hansel have in that? I suppose his toes could be prehensile, but my mind cannot help but wander in the direction of...

Piraro said...

@Leo...
I was thinking of a tail, but your interpretation is funnier. I've heard that dolphins have prehensile penises, but I'm not sure if that's true. Any marine biologists out there?

Shoshanah Marohn said...

This is the first Toulouse comic I've seen, I'm sure. Your comics make me feel so validated in my completely useless knowledge of obscure stuff. I love it!

doug nicodemus said...

this was cute...so i guess i should come up with a smile meter too...
:+}}}
something like that..

Neil said...

Very Kliban.