Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mixed Bag of Marriage


Today's Bizarro is brought to you by Lover's Spat.

This cartoon is sad and depressing. If you don't like black humor, look away before it is too late. Think of ducklings and cotton candy. If that doesn't work, try images of Glenn Beck on a raft in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

I like this kind of humor. I find that laughing at life's hardships is essential to surviving them. Who among us hasn't been married to the same person for so long that we'd rather die than go on another day? Okay, neither have I, but I can imagine it happening. To someone else, not me, because my love for CHNW is eternal and perfect; full of rainbows and ducklings and cotton candy and Glenn Beck withering to dust on a raft at sea.

But other kinds of bad things will happen to me, and when they do, I hope I can think of something odd and humorous to say about it, like our trooper in the cartoon above.

7 comments:

Sam said...

It's official - I now read your comics primarily to see if I can find all the "hidden" objects. thank you for not making it too hard to find them...

Keep up the dark humour - I love it!

Unknown said...

Glad to know that you're not a fan of Glenn Beck. The guy is just nuts. Worse yet, he keeps claiming to be a libertarian, which makes the rest of us look like looks.

Beck is as "libertarian" as Bill Maher.

Jezzka said...

i don't know who this glenn beck is, but any man that does double bunnie ears to prove a point probably deserves to be knee'd in the nuggets.

Catalina said...

I loathe Glenn Beck. In every sense of the word. I will gladly help strap him down to said raft.

That said I also love and adore someone and since we're not married it won't come to this :)

Jym said...

=v= I'm usually not a fan of cotton candy, but in this case I'm making an exception.

Bina said...

I love your cartoon, which has run in my newspaper, the Dawn in Karachi, Pakistan, for years. So glad to have found this blog!

Rika said...

your cartoons are wonderful, the black humor ones, especially so.

you can't live life to the fullest without finding the humor in the dark bits of life and having your friends raise their eyebrows at you, wondering if you have an issue up in the noggin. :D