Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Place Like Homb











(Click the image for BIGGER fun)

Today's Bizarro is brought to you by Places Without Internet.

I'm back at headquarters and will be blogging daily again, after being away for the past week. The shows in Californy went well, I'll post some pics in a few days when I find my camera and the cord for downloading. Right now, everything I brought with me is in a scattered pile strewn about my studio.

I heard from a few people along the way that in my absence my blog readers had run amok in the comments section, like school kids with a timid substitute. I haven't had time to read them all yet, but I've seen what you apes are capable of. If I discover anything out of line, your parents will be notified. And by "parents," I mean Homeland Security so you have nothing to fear other than being color coded.

I'm also way behind on my email and can never hope to catch up completely. There are still emails from June that I have not answered yet. If you wrote to me and I didn't answer, please don't take it personally. I try to get to them all but just get overwhelmed with work, life, and a rare talent for disorganization. One day – perhaps tomorrow, perhaps in 2023 – you will get an email from me that will begin, "Sorry for the delayed response..."

I missed posting a lot of cartoons last week (I was staying with friends who had no Internet and my schedule was too hectic to get to a cafe each day) so I'll post two-a-day to catch up a bit.

Somebody wrote to me when this cartoon ran to say he didn't understand the joke. He was probably looking too hard, but it's just a simple take-off on the cartoon cliche of a guy in a bar with some clever remark about what to say if his wife calls. In this one, he takes a more surreal tack and wonders if the phone itself is his wife.

I think it's funny, a couple of blog readers will express in the comments section that they do not. Such is life in the blogodome.

19 comments:

Jeremy said...

Its good to have you back. I am left to wonder; Why you would have friends without internet access?!

Penny Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Duffau said...

welcome back, dan! good stuff!!

SAYOTTE316 said...

As most poeple may know i was not fido the guy whos grandpa or as they say in french pepere possesses a virgin ass

SAYOTTE316 said...

however i would like to say after talking to my grandpa or as they say in french pepere...he also like fido possesses a virgin ass

L. Erskine said...

Welcome back!

While it is unusual to hear of someone who does not have internet in their home, I sort of envy them. I enjoy the internet on it and yet sometimes hate how easily I am distracted by it.

I have a strict "no tv, no internet" policy when I have have people over (for an evening) since both of those things tend to shut down/dominate conversations.

I have not had a chance to post process the images I shot at your show in Oakland. I am uber behind on that (i blame the internet!).

doug nicodemus said...

welcome forward...i mean it is after all the internet...there is no back...i like the girl you are having the show with. can i marry her?

isee3dtoo said...

I love the cowboy sunday comic, good laugh on that one.

Jezzka said...

this one is hilarity in a haystack; i love it. hehe eh, still cracking up...

isee3dtoo said...

In the bar comic, does the pie count as two hidden objects since it is shown twice?

I think there should be a 5 and not a 6 in this case and repeated items should only count once.

Jezzka said...

the dancing cowboys still has me cracking up, i was still chuckling about it on the subway coming back from the office...what a visual.

uhkholij said...

oh NOW I get it...

I've enjoyed the puns lately. or play on words. or whatever they are. :) beautiful art combined with funny. best...comic...artist...evarrrr

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Piraro's been getting comfortable with the censorship lately, deleting inoffensive posts he doesn't agree with left and right. What happened to "I enjoy the comments, wherever they go. I don't like banning, limiting, or censoring, I prefer to let it roam where it will. Negative comments don't bother me and repeat offenders eventually wander elsewhere if others don't engage them"?

HollyBerry said...

it makes you do a definite double-take.. "did i read it right? what does he mean? i'm no word-ologist, but is he screwing with me?" yunno, those kinds of things. it also makes you believe the guy is so absurdly drunk that even HE doesn't know what he's saying. i like it! and i always like your word-play.. i sometimes have to question my own grasp of the english language. anyhoo, glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

i think Dan should label this post as "censored comments."