Saturday, July 31, 2010

Being Super











(Click on Batman's nose to see larger version)

Bizarro is brought to you today by
Gas Guzzlers to Die For.

Batman stag party trivia questions and answers:
1. What was Robin's real name? (A: Dick Grayson)
2. What was the most prominent feature of the 1960s TV Batman costume? (A: Adam West's package.)
3. What was Bruce Wayne's middle name? (A: I don't know for sure but it was probably Peter.)

Everyone knows that Dick Grayson was a bit of a dim bulb, otherwise how could Bruce Wayne have ever talked him into going out in public dressed like that? Especially to confront thugs? So this cartoon merely illustrates one of the many problems Batman likely had with Robin in the early days.

The second cartoon of this weekend's 3-pack is a mystery. I don't know what it means, I just thought it was funny having a gingerbread man asking for a job at a service station. It is based on a true story.

Lastly, we have a fun cartoon about aliens eating astronauts. I like to draw alien creatures, I suspect that most cartoonists do, so I like writing cartoons about them. Here is a link to my favorite alien drawing I've ever done, which I used to advertise my Bizarro Trading Cards.

By the way, you can help Batman fight crime by buying Bizarro Trading Cards. A portion of each purchase goes toward supplies needed to draw Batman fighting crime.

11 comments:

Lorie said...

Batman did not have a package. That was one of the mysteries of the show. Neither did Robin. On a side note, I was sad to find out John Callahan had died. I found his comics hilarious.

said...

The gingerbread man made me very sad. My mom used to make me pancakes that looked just like him. I had a very hard time eating him. I'd start with the legs, arms, then move to the body and leave his nose for last, so he could breathe up to the last minute. Fortuitous foreshadowing of my impending vegetarianism.

Seth Alexander said...

According to Wikipedia, Bruce Wayne's middle name is Anthony.

The More You Knoooow!

Women Shoes said...

i love batman..my superhero

Doc Rich said...

Yo Dan!

That picture of the Batman water pistol had me laughing out loud for a few minutes - and then giggling uncontrollably for a few more!

jpChris said...

I give up. the 7-23-10 comic on the web and in my local paper (LA Daily News) are two different drawings!

Plus, where's the third Bizarro Doodle???

Piraro said...

@jpChris...If you're saying the cartoon in your local paper and the one I post on this blog is different, that's because I post them here about a week after they appear in papers.
Not sure what you mean by "where's the third Bizarro Doodle?" There are three Bizarro cartoons featured in this post.

jpChris said...

@Dan,

OK, right off the bat, the "eyeball" in your blog toon is next to the alien's tentacle; in the paper it's on the control panel (to the right).

Next, the "pie" is further from the empty suit (references to politicians intended).

And... I can't find the third cartoon — hence my query.

Thanks for clearing up the Blog\Paper thingy, though.

jpChris said...

p.s. I see in the Blog comic there's the spaceship alien, but not in the paper.

jpChris said...

@Dan,

OK, right off the bat, the "eyeball" in your blog toon is next to the alien's tentacle; in the paper it's on the control panel (to the right).

Next, the "pie" is further from the empty suit (references to politicians intended).

And ... I can't find the third symbol — hence my query.

Thanks for clearing up the Blog\Paper thingy, though.

I see in the Blog comic there's the spaceship alien, but not in the paper.

Piraro said...

@JPChris...when you say you can't find the third cartoon, I don't know if you mean in your paper or in my blog post. The wide Batman cartoon at the top of this post is a Sunday cartoon and your local paper might not run Bizarro on Sundays.
I sometimes change things in my cartoons from the panel version to the strip version to the color version. Usually just a whim but sometimes as I go along I see better ways to do things or whatever. That likely is the reason for the things you spotted moving around. Or your dosage needs adjusting.