Thursday, October 30, 2008

Love Sitting

Today's Bizarro is brought to you by Inexperienced Senators from Illinois who hope to be president.

Ah, love.

Love is all you need.

Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, hunt it down and shoot it.

I remember first finding out about short couches being called "love seats" when I was a child. I immediately assumed there must be an opposite, a "hate seat." The first time I saw one of those s-shaped chairs, I figured this was a likely candidate. But then if you really hate someone, why would you want to be this close? I couldn't quite figure out why these kinds of chairs were ever designed.

After a few years of marriage, I understood. As you long-term-relationship readers know, there are many times when you want to be close to your partner, but not "among" them. These chairs are perfect for that, like when you both want to read. Or perhaps when one of you wants to read and the other wants to watch football.

Or better yet, when you've recently had an argument and your partner is reading and you want to fume nearby but not join them in what they are doing. Like when she is reading or using her laptop, you could sit in the other side with your brow knitted, your arms and legs crossed, and fume. Seems perfect. Here's a cool, modern version of it for urban, 21st century arguments.

These seats swivel so you can face each other when you're happy and turn away when you're not. A good piece of furniture for an argument, turning toward or away as you agree or disagree. Careful you don't make yourself nauseous.

This chair is sold as a love seat and looks as though it is every bit as uncomfortable as love inevitably ends up (occasionally) being. Virtually no one gets through a romantic relationship without feeling at some point as though you've been sitting in one of these chairs in the hot sun for eighteen hours without a bathroom break.

The most you can hope for in relationships is to feel as though you've spent more time in a seat like this than this. Good luck to all.

18 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love it! I had the same question when I was a kid when my mom told me I was sitting on a love seat. I figured that whoever sat there with me must love me. That lead to some confusion later.

FIDO said...

as most of you may know my grandpa or as they say in french pepere possesses a virgin ass..


look at you jeremy acting all bad ass and blogging under everything like duffaus passing away was a heros welcoming

what if duffau was thinking of animosity towards you and stepped on pedal as part of the crash that killed him ...

your a light weight

Anonymous said...

The Lincoln pic is pure genius. However...

Dan, you really need to kick "fido" to the curb if you want people to keep reading and posting comments here.

FIDO said...

believe me kicking me is considered assaulting a police dog that fido side of me is a regiestered narcotics officer in new jersey ..Dan does not want to deal with this

Anonymous said...

fido makes me lol

Anonymous said...

deisy makes me lol

Anonymous said...

I hate to say this, but I don't think I will be reading or posting on this blog as long as fido is commenting. Thanks for the great blog, while it lasted.

isee3dtoo said...

leigh: I agree it is getting to that point, or slightly beyond.

derekamalo said...

Funny shit ...i still smoke pot ....it should be legalized...pot makes you eat eating makes you fat ...im fat ..i smoke pot

thanks piraro for package....lol of art not pot :)

Penny Mitchell said...

I was always told that these kinds of love seats had their genesis in Victorian England, so that young men and women could sit close together and converse, but actually still be separated.

Maybe if McCain gets elected, croaks and we have to deal with President Palin (SHOOT ME NOW) such things will come back in style.

derekamalo said...

man oh man does anybody understand the fact that electoral votes are the only votes that count....obama is whipping mccains ass like 370 to 151 projected.....mccain has no chance...once he picked that freaken puppet palin he was done..didnt work for mondale

derekamalo said...

heres the link

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

piraro and jeremy are lighting cigars..
piraro can tell you is east coasters have been hit harder than anyone allvoting democrat from penn on up..

can you believe rhode island has the highest unemployment...highest housing increase over years ...highest working class homeless..

national news even posting ri as biggest crisis

my dad built his ri fortune in mob im not afraid to say it now his pussy ass hides in a castle in woodside, ca complete with security

our providence mayor went to jail 2002-2007 ....you guessed it friend of my dads .everything was going great when he was around..all started going down the toilet 2003

Zelmarific said...

But have you seen "the love toilet"?

http://www.totallycrap.com/videos/videos_the_love_toilet_by_niagara

HollyBerry said...

i threw my head back and let out my "that's the funniest thing i've heard all day" laugh.. you get a gold medal.

HollyBerry said...

derekamalo-- i don't get that either! i was having that same debate with my boyfriend about a month ago and it absolutely baffles me. if we are told our vote counts, why is it that the popular vote doesn't determine the winner? it's screwed up. but maybe it's just we potheads who only understand things that make entirely too much sense.... that's probably why it's still illegal. everyone would be too smart! yea right... or hungry.

untamedblogger said...

your blogs are even more funny than your strips! its nice to see a relatively new strip doing so well and is actually good!

Unknown said...

Hi,
I’m Reneese and I’m working at a company interested in website and blog advertising. I have seen your site’s potential for advertising and I believe that our client’s business would be well suited for a link placement in your site. Our client’s business offers services for all types of printing jobs from business cards, postcards, greeting cards to large print projects for posters and vinyl banners. It would be of great help to your readers to be informed of such printing business.

Let me know if you are indeed interested. Please get back to me (reneese.mackey777@gmail.com)with your name and URL address so I can send you further details.
Looking forward to do business with you.

Sincerely,
Reneese Mackey

Jym said...

=v= It was years before I saw one of these seats in person; I first saw them seats in the Blondie comic strip. Chic Young was still drawing it, and it still had old-timey (Jazz Age) elements.

It seemed like a pretty good way to compose a comic panel, except that to my eyes the seat was so odd that it drew attention to itself. I found myself pondering many of the things you list here.