Saturday, June 19, 2010

Super Saturday!












(For the bigness that this cartoon has to offer, click the dang thing.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Baggy Pants Fashion.

Remember that famous photo of Marilyn Monroe standing over a subway grate with her skirt blowing up? Sadly, that never actually happens in New York but the scene above happens every day. And subway grates aren't the only problem. We don't get a lot of windy thunderstorms here, but on the rare occasion that we do, several young men in clown-sized clothing go missing. Sometimes they show up in Jersey or Connecticut, sometimes they are whisked out to sea, only to wash up on the shore a week later as a fashionably-dressed bloated corpse.

I've participated in some stupid fashions in my day, but none of them lasted as long as the giant-pants fad has. As long as I live, I will never understand it.

On the plus side, it's a guaranteed laugh every time I leave the house.

PLUS!!!

Since it is SuperSaturday, here are a couple of bonus cartoons based on ideas from my buddy, Cliff. He wrote a cool emoticon gag for me a year-or-so ago that ran in Parade Magazine. By using your eyes, you may see it below.










And since I am cartoon rich and cash poor, here is one more bonus cartoon. This one was written by Cliff's son, Nicco, who is 9 or 11 or something like that. Kids say the darnedest things. (And why shouldn't they? The darnedest things happen!!!!)

5 comments:

Allan Koay said...

cartoon no. 3 is really really really REALLY funny!!!

Jym said...

=v= You wanna see skirts fly, hang out near the Flatiron Building. Um, not that I would ever do any such thing.

FUZZARELLY said...

The plunger cartoon is heelarious! I love bathroom humor. (Wait a minute - have you done a clown in the men's room? Take it, it's yours!)

I once did something similar with a wine glass, stating that I could hear the sound of grapes fermenting.

Chuckbert said...

(:::*

ojeano said...

The baggy pants cartoon: you caused a laugh that had a FANTASTIC build. Thank you! Suitable for framing - beyond magnet-to-refrigerator or tacking up. A masterpiece.