Friday, July 17, 2009

Butt Darling...


Berzarro is branged to you terday by Rusponsble Dranking.

Not only can I not believe those aren't buttocks, I can't believe that not a single editor from any of my client papers objected to this cartoon or asked for a replacement. That I know of.

It does my heart good to see that editors are loosening their Victorian standards for the funny pages, giving us all a little more room to be "funny." (Not that it helps most of the time.)

I know that the female caboose has always been a source of fascination for men – it's biology 101 – but it is interesting that in recent years the MONDO BOOTY has come into style so much in popular culture. When I was in my teens and twenties, in the late 1900s, women were concerned with keeping their buttocks shapely, but smallish. Nowadays, with the popularity of women like Kim Kardashian and J-Lo, the epitome of ass fashion seems to be expanding. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Body styles go in and out of fashion like anything else. I hope mine comes into style before I'm too old to use it.

8 comments:

doug nicodemus said...

i am not a body part man myself...but what is your favorite?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, do you suppose that body fashions are changing in that busts are shrinking even as backsides are growing? Will millions of women have to negotiate to get their implants moved? What happens if you sit on a silicone implant? Enquiring minds want to know.

Karl said...

It still looks like modern western culture likes their things bigger. Bigger buttocks and bigger boobs are still fashionable on women. In men, it's bigger muscles and bigger packages(talking about birthday gifts here) that are being promoted. Personally I won't comment on my body, as there's enough humour here already. One body part or organ that appears to be neglected, and that's bigger brains.

Unknown said...

Sure big butts are getting more fashionable. I mean as the obesity epidemic gains momentum, the coming generations need to find each other sexy. If it keeps up, a babe will be judged by the number a chins she has, more is hotter. I guess it's all relative to the norms of society. When I was a kid back in the 70's, it was me and 4 other fat kids, in a class of around 200, ( I wasn't the fattest thank you!) now I pick up my nephews from school and they are 10 or so others are the skinny ones, and the rest are bigger than I ever hoped to beat that age. It's insane, and it is really sad to look at.

Jezzka said...

my booty is what the kids are calling bootylicious. its the part of me that seems to attract the most attention from the opposite sex. bastards, what about my winning personality?!! haha.

RSJ said...

@YetAnotherSteve: I don't know what they're made of, or how it feels to sit on one, but my friend in California tells me butt implants, for women and men, are a -- ahem -- 'growing' business out there, which means it will be trendy in Omaha in the next year or two.

Anonymous said...

Actually, butt implants aren't so unpopular. Nothing special happens if you sit on them. And it's a trend for men as well as women.

Personally, I'd feel funny asking a doctor to cut into any part of my body to make it bigger, particularly the whole bust/bum areas.

RSJ said...

@Karl: True, and I believe it could be proven scientifically that (it's already been proven anecdotally, IMO) that the bigger the muscles or other body parts, the less flow of blood to the brain and, hence, the greater stupidity.

@Anonymous: I wonder what happens to butt implants when the recipient ages? We already know that the face falls and the boobs eventually sag; do butt implants end up giving you four knees, two in front and two in back? Or just 'hips' on your thighs when seen in profile?