Saturday, July 19, 2008

REGARDING CANADA

I already mentioned this in the comments box of the previous post, but I would like to say that the Canadian immigration post was entirely satirical. I love Canada – Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver are three of my favorite cities in North America – and hockey is my favorite TV sport by far.

If we have one more phony election in this country and John McSame is in the White House, I may be a permanent fixture in your 'hood. Of course, the thing I dislike most about NYC is the winter here, so I may go to Rome instead. I'll keep you updated.

5 comments:

mave said...

well, you'd love living in vancouver, then. winters are really mild - it rarely gets below freezing, and snow is an anomaly. it might snow, maybe once a year at most, and the snow is gone within a couple days. the grass stays green year round and there are flowers that bloom year round. it never feels like winter in vancouver. of course, it rains a lot during the winter, but it's far better than snow and cold any day of the week.

Anonymous said...

I've thought about visiting Canada. My fiancée and I might go some day.

When I think about it, I almost moved there ones.

disabled account said...

i thought the joke was pretty obvious....people can just be very sensitive sometimes.

i have also considered moving to canada as a result of phony elections, but they won't have me.

Anonymous said...

Of COURSE you like hockey the best!! What intelligent being does not? And Canada is the best place to follow it, since they pay a great deal of respectful attention to it. (Except for the fact that the 2007 Ottawa Senators hadn't a single Canadian player on the team...all foreigners from the northern part of Europe. Oh, well) I could follow your example if you emmigrate to the North because of the election of that particular polititian. Let's hope that that particular event doesn't happen.

B.A.D. said...

You call that winter?


Try riding your vespa up hill during an ice storm.