Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Choices

Bizarro is brought to you today by Roofing Nails.

I have ambiguous feelings about this cartoon. When I wrote it, the idea of a roofer giving each nail the option of implanting itself into the wood (the easy way) before he pounds them in with a hammer (the hard way) was funny. Now, I'm not so sure.

On a more positive note, wouldn't you love to own a Bizarro Alien T-shirt like the snazzy gentledude in this cartoon? NOW YOU CAN!

Tomorrow at 4pm NYC time I'll post another cartoon contest. Hope you win!

7 comments:

Canadian Michael said...

I'm not much of an internet commentor (but I sure am a word maker upper), but I feel I need to comment today just to confirm that the nail idea is indeed hilarious.

Guy Montag said...

It definitely has the funny, the oddity of the situation compared to the expected norm.

Unknown said...

The Dude abides, man!

Russell Pirkle said...

this is actually one of my favorites

Russell Pirkle said...

I just find the notion of devoting too much time and enthusiasm to a task really hilarious in an illuminating sort of way.
it makes me think of how much I miss that first week of work when everything was fresh and every task seemed big and important.
now that's lost, and everything is just routine. if I'm talking to the book I'm trying to shelve, I'm taking too long. If I do an efficiency analysis of my tissue paper cutting method, it's no longer cute it's just inappropriate.
This comic makes me remember what it's like to be detail-oriented to the point of absurdity, to have a conversation with minutiae . . .
As an amateur artist, I need that reminder to treat every line or stroke like it's a new person I'm meeting, and giving my full attention

Cecilie Lolk Hjort said...

I think it's funny. Which makes it so.

Mat Board said...

Very cool and absolutely absurd, my two favourite things in one.