Monday, July 6, 2009

The Devil, You Say?

Bizarro is brought to you today by Pure Evil.

This cartoon resulted in a lot of emails from readers, as I suspected it would. The majority loved the cartoon because they hate Cheney, but a few folks are among the dozen-or-so Americans who still support the Dick and wrote to register their complaints.

Some people just wrote asking what this cartoon means. Apparently, there are a lot of folks who are not familiar with the expression that has become popular with some Christian teens: WWJD? (What Would Jesus Do?)

This slogan is the latest in a couple thousand years of attempts at keeping youngsters out of trouble and away from sex. When you're all worked up and pulling at the buttons of your clothing, you're supposed to ask yourself, "What would Jesus do if He were here in this situation?"

Well, Michael, Jesus wouldn't be in the back seat of his Hyundai on top of Jessica from Algebra class in the first place, He'd be standing on a downtown street corner shouting at passers-by, so you're on your own.

Trying to fight teenage lust with religious guilt is like trying to stay dry in a hurricane with an umbrella. In both cases, it makes more sense to pass out the raincoats and weather the storm.

NOTE: Just for giggles, here's an image I created before the 2004 "elections."

10 comments:

Tegin said...

you should post Jessica from Algebra's e-mail.

Alice Kottmyer said...

OMG, Dan, I totally want to steal that drawing of Rocky Jesus.

You didn't publish that, did you?

You're still alive, aren't you?

Michael Tallon said...

Your second WWJD cartoon is hilarious!!!

moosepotatoes said...

Dan, your quote on teenage lust made my life. You're awesome

Anonymous said...

So who are all these "supporters of the Dick"? Halliburton stockholders? My heavens, I've outlived my time, I remember when "war profiteer" was a pejorative.

Penny Mitchell said...

I hope you don't mind. I emailed your "WWJD" image to, like...EVERYONE. IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

Jesus is left handed? Who knew?

It's times like right now that I can tell you that the Lord has a stellar sense of humor, because I'm not getting hit by lightning for laughing my ass off.

Decking Dubya. Beautiful.

Prospero said...

Must say I adore that last image, Dan. Kudos.

Jeremy said...

Jesus would tap her like he did Mary Magdelene... But he would pull out of course.

I wasn't aware that WWJD was addressing teenage lust. I usually mentally checklist my answer to this question before I make a decision, just to see what I come up with. Jesus is a very forgiving fellow, but he was the only perfect being to live and die on Earth, so that is a loaded question.

" My wife wants me to go back door, WWJD? Go for it! "

Nowax said...

Love, love, love this cartoon!

RSJ said...

Yes, indeed, about all you can do is pass out the 'raincoats' and hope the kids use 'em. By the time you're in the back seat of the Hyundai (in my day it was a roomier Pontiac) with your pimply paramour, it's a little late to consult your Inner Jesus when Li'l Elvis has appeared to perform.

When I was a teenager in the Pleistocene Age, we boys thought it was hilariously funny when our Moms would remind us to "wear our rubbers," as we left the house to go on a date at the drive-in movie. Our mothers never did catch that joke, or pretended not to, anyway.

Yes, that's what a relic I am; like dancing hot dogs on the screen and Frankie & Annette doin' The Twist on the beach, I was a teen when drive-in theaters still existed.

Speaking of Jesus, with an added roll of the eyes.