Monday, June 8, 2009

Wolfy

Bizarro is brought to you by Love Not War.

I don't know much about X-Men, I confess I've not read the comics nor seen the movies. Yet, the imagery on TV is such that I wrote a couple of X-Men jokes lately. This one, and a Sunday cartoon that will run in papers on Father's Day, June 21, then will be discussed on this blog the following Sunday.

Oddly enough, the cartoon that runs on Father's Day is about men estranged from their families. I didn't plan it that way, I just drew the comic, then looked at my calender to see what date it should run. The next Sunday on the schedule was Father's Day. Whoops.

Regarding nail salons, I'm puzzled as to why women spend so much time and money on elaborate nails. Who really notices them besides other women who are interested in nails? Not judging, just wondering. Some of the ladies around my neighborhood have nails so long and elaborately decorated that they seem more appropriate for a Bond villain than a neighborhood mom.

13 comments:

malo man says said...

money means never having to say your sorry...

jackie gleason...1982 "The toy"

later dude

Penny Mitchell said...

There's a reason long nails are not allowed on nurses, and it's not because they scratch. Untold numbers of all kinds of pathogens live under long nails. Long NATURAL nails. You don't even want to KNOW what's living under acrylic nails. Seriously. It's that disgusting.

Anonymous said...

I've been told pampering your fingernails feels good in the same way it feels good to wear sexy underwear on a night you don't intend to get laid. It's just a personal ego boost.

The underwear would be more cost-effective.

Karl said...

I guess having Wolverine as a client wouldn't be nearly half as bad as trying to file the nails of Edward Scissorhands.

Prospero said...

If only I'd known my mother lived in your neighborhood...

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the Wolverine fan in me is itching to point out so many things... well, I guess the Bizarro fan part of me wins, Mr. Piraro.

I'm not gonna point out that they are his Claws not Nails (cuz claws need to be well-maintained too) and that...[no means no!]

Btw, I do wonder if Wolverine will ask for Rhinestones to make 'em look Prettier :D

ur Fan,
Dee Sh

David said...

Very cute. I find it doubly good when the gag can tie in with current popular culture.

Bodi said...

Hahaha! Loved it!!!

doug nicodemus said...

i hope you are feeling better...cute joke...but he probably would be seeing a welder...

sheer.nothingness said...

Nice, some chicks do have wolverine nails, though I didn't think of the comic that way until I read the blog post.

har, Nine Inch Nails.

Could've fooled me with the Xmen jokes- you even chose drinks that were appropriate for the characters when you drew them (accurately, nonetheless) in the bar comic when it was posted earlier. But then I guess the thing about comic book characters is that their looks usually represent their character as directly as possible.

Robert Gidley said...

My question is always "How do you type with those nails?"

Maybe they all use voice recognition...

Unknown said...

I have a friend who has her toenails done and ALWAYS wears shoes! She says it makes her feel good.

Garret said...

Her toenails are done but she wears shoes.....I will never understand women.

Glitter Toes Parties