Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tourist Compulsions

Bizarro is brought to you today by Unique New Year's Appetizers of Omaha!

Here's a fun idea from my mythical buddy, Derek. His musing about what the observation deck on the Tower of Pisa might be like led to this drawing of Aryan tourists struggling mightily against the forces of gravity to peer through the pay telescope which was installed shortly after construction in 1302. The key to the telescope was lost in the 15th century, and the money has not been emptied since. It is thought to contain in excess of $7 million dollars in coins.

Among the most notable features of the tower is the number of tourists who take this kind of picture of it.

8 comments:

guy who trapped monkey girl said...

What about a picture of someone on the other side trying to pushing it over?

Jeremy said...

The guy with his foot up, seemly kicking it fits that description...

Funny pictures, I'd never seen that before.

Anonymous said...

I took a picture of it once where I angled it so its going straight up in the photo with the ground on a tilt. wish I could find the photo..

Great blog, I just found it today and put it in my blog-links.

Unknown said...

IF I ever visit Pisa, I'll wear skintight sweatpants and pose like I'm keeping the tower up with an erect penis.

Jeremy said...

Now THATS a picture I want to see! Reminds me of the John Bobbit 6 Million Dollar Man skit they did In Living Color.

Anonymous said...

If it has $7M in change, shouldn't it be leaning in the other direction?

Thomas Fummo said...

Feh.

This is nothing compared to my ìgiant man in cat-suit using leaning tower of pisa as a scratching post whilst whacking a clown in the face with a blow-up doll of Cher' photo.

You heard me!

Godel Fishbreath said...

Telescopes were invented in 16th or 17th century.

Your blog is now part of the funny with comments like $7M in pocket change. Do you have any idea of the volume needed to enclose $7M of pocket change?

I liked your good follow on joke.