Monday, December 8, 2008

Learning is Pun

Today's Bizarro is brought to you by Cheap Thrills for Kids Under 12.

I'm on my way home to Brooklyn in a few hours. Had a great time in NoCal, thanks for inviting me.




Saw the new multi-bazillion-dollar science museum in Golden Gate Park yesterday. In the humble, uneducated opinion of CHNW and I, the architecture of the museum is very cool, the content is pretty dull.

They have an indoor rainforest, but it isn't as good as one I saw in Dallas built 8 or 10 years ago. They have an aquarium that's pretty nice, but I've seen many better ones. I missed the planetarium, so I can't comment. The roof is a cool idea with grass and plants all over it, but that is more about architecture than science. That's about it. Unless you're an architecture buff, it isn't worth the $25 admission fee. San Francisco's Exploratorium is better, in my opinion.

More about the book events I did while here later. Hope you like today's corny pun cartoon. Can't wait to be home.

19 comments:

L. Erskine said...

I'm bummed I missed you guys tonight. Birthdays and Mondays just don't mix. :(

The verification word is "pernis". hahaha

SAYOTTE316 said...

Eggs again?

I don't even know what to say.

Penny Mitchell said...

Thanks for the link to the Exploratorium. Of COURSE the first thing I did was click the button. :-)

Anonymous said...

Being a fine artist, I hope you went to the de Young Museum while in SF. They currently have a great Maya Lin exhibit and usually have other great contemporary art. The museum is a very interesting building, too.

Daniel Joseph Sardella said...

aww dan, no love for buck?

SAYOTTE316 said...

Fran sent me a letter saying "the eggs being handed to the chicken in todays paper" was 100 percent pure genius....will it ever end

Anonymous said...

To be fair, I believe I used the word "brilliant".

Anonymous said...

Oh YOU, Penny. Always with the clicking on the links.

Anonymous said...

i love puns.

ldisme said...

yup, we likes it when you're punny

Anonymous said...

Puns are absolutely not the lowest form of humor. Really. They are hysterical.

doug nicodemus said...

damn you! i was at the California Society of Life Sciences Building (ahem) last tuesday...if we would have done some scheduling i could have met you in person...(throws hands up in the air)

Anonymous said...

julianmaestas, sesame street is going to be on soon. you can make it if you hurry.

Joey Devision said...

Shoulda gone to the de Young across the way instead; great museum.

By the way, my friend Janis and I really enjoyed your appearance at Moe's Books Monday evening; very entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Leave Sesame Street out of this, them's fightin' words.

SAYOTTE316 said...

Seseme street Hey...yeah thats original..


As most of you may know Fido's gtandpa or as they say in french pepere possesses a virgin ass..

SAYOTTE316 said...

waht kizz as am i tyring to b

Anonymous said...

There's an indoor rainforest in Dallas? I've lived in Dallas my entire life without that profound knowledge... I suppose I should visit sometime!

Anonymous said...

Really FUNNY, no really FUNNY, I mean it, FUNNYYYYY. Hahahaha. As I was saying, This is FUNNY, I really like it, really funny.