Sunday, November 9, 2008

Scary Costumes












(Want it big? Click the cartoon!)

Bizarro is brought to you by the new book by A. Merica, "Dodging a Bullet: How Voters Finally Woke the F*ck Up and Saved Me From the Abyss."

This cartoon ran a couple days after Halloween and is based on the same theme I used last year at this time, but with different costumes and punch lines, of course. It was SO hard to avoid obvious costumes like "President Sarah Palin," nothing could be scarier than that, but I have to keep Bizarro from overtly attacking specific political parties. Yes, it is hard.

The title panel that went with this cartoon in some markets was fun, I think. It's a portrait studio picture of me when I was a kid (I think I was about 17 in this picture) that I have used regularly for Bizarro. My dad tells me that Mom gets a kick out of seeing it in the paper, but wishes I wouldn't "mess it up" with my humorous additions. When she said that, I think she was specifically referring to the three-eyed alien version I sometimes use.

9 comments:

Mr. P said...

You used to be cute! :-)

ldisme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ldisme said...

bizarre bizarro bizaro

doug nicodemus said...

wow and now i have a costume idea for next year. what did you use to get that light shade of orange.

if you say bizaro 3 times does something happen like...in beatle juice?

SAYOTTE316 said...

Hey dan before you get this idea from Victor,
I have a great idea for a bizarro cartoon


A skier is going down slopes right and he passes a tree but his snow marks go around the tree isn't that a hoot. No damage to the skier but the tracks leave you wondering how he went through the tree.

Mr. P said...

I've seen that done before.

Anonymous said...

no getting things past the sharp-as-a-tack mark.

SAYOTTE316 said...

Fran got the joke.

:)

scary costumes said...

When I was kid, my favorite costumes for Halloween was focused on horror or scary costumes including witches and ghosts. But, now that I’m adult I prefer more funny costumes such as nerd outfits!