Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Come See Me in Person This Week!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls of the San Francsico Bay Area:
I'll be doing two personal appearances there this Thursday, November 13.

Stacey's, a bookstore at 581 Market St. near 2nd St. at 12:30pm. That's the one right after noon.

A pirate supply store at 826 Valencia in the Mission, at 6pm. If you haven't been to this place, it's a must-see. They have everything you need for the pirating life, and some things you don't.

I'll be talking, being funny and charming, selling and signing my new book of pirate cartoons. I'm a fun person to meet in person and you will enjoy yourself. I will even take a picture with you while pretending to be a celebrity.

8 comments:

Lorie said...

More than a day's advance notice, please!!

Anonymous said...

Lucky bastards in the Bay area...

Sarah said...

Dan, why must you always have events elsewhere. It makes me sad. Please have a New York event soon!! <3

Piraro said...

Harley,
I don't do events in NY because the papers here don't carry Bizarro so it's difficult to guarantee a crowd. If you want to help change that, bug the Daily News to pick up Bizarro. They buy some cheaper knock-off instead.
I'll be doing something in NYC soon, I'm sure, and I'll post it here.

Lorie said...

Why no Bizarro in NY? That seems a bit odd. You would think NYers would like your humor. Or am I presuming? I grew up in NY and got into comics at an early age.

Piraro said...

Lorie,
NYC has relatively few comics in their papers. NYTimes and Wall Street Journal have none. The Post and the Daily News have a few each. I have no control over who buys my cartoon for their paper. To add a new one you have to cancel an old one and that makes some other syndicate mad, so it's hard to do. I have a lot of fans in NYC, based on the tracking numbers of who visits my web sites from where. I'd LOVE it if the Daily News picked it up. Send them emails asking for it and they might eventually do it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Penny Mitchell said...

I keep seeing this as, "Come See Me In Prison This Week!"

La Framéricaine said...

Of course you were there on 11/13 because I was in SF from 11/7 through 11/12... I hope you had as much fun there as we did!