Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Guns Blazing

Today's Bizarro cartoon is made possible by Miniature Folding Chairs, Inc. "It's not you, it's our chairs."

To be honest, I'm not particularly fond of this cartoon. I did a similar-looking one back in the late eighties of an astronaut on a space walk, trying to break into the cockpit of his space shuttle with a coat hanger, which was much funnier. I figured some folks might like this one or I wouldn't have submitted it, but in retrospect, I'm not too proud of it.

I know cities need to raise revenue to keep themselves going, so things like parking fees are somewhat necessary. But I never park illegally on purpose (except with my scooter in NYC, but they force you to because the laws here are REALLY screwy) so I get apoplectic when I get a ticket. I got one in L.A. last year (in a rental car) because my bumper was hanging maybe five inches over the little crosses they put on the street in front of the meters to designate each spot. I didn't even know the crosses were there, I just parked about where the meter was.

This is just one of the many reasons I don't carry a gun.

2 comments:

Victor Rivera said...

Can you post your coathanger cartoon?
Pwease?

Mel2 said...

Hmm. What about someone stealing whatever the Shuttle equivalent of hubcaps are? Booster-thingies?

Or someone floating up to the shuttle, uninvited, and washing the windshield with a squirt bottle and a dirty rag? Dunno 'bout you, but I just love those guys.