Monday, June 23, 2008

Christian Chicks


(click image to enlargenize)


This Bizarro cartoon is brought to you by Merry Myths for Misguided Monkies.

I often do cartoons about Christian mythology because, like most Americans, I was raised with Bible stories. Common knowledge, especially mythology, is tremendously fertile ground for humor.

But aside from the Sunday School side of this, I'd like nothing more than to be able to fly on my own power. I have dreams about it frequently. Forget about harps, the glory of god's presence, eternal bliss, 72 virgins, cheap gas – what I'd really love to get when I die is a big, honking, fully-functional set of wings! Even if they came with scaly bird feet. I'd even put up with feathers and a beak–it wouldn't be that different from the ample proboscis I now proudly display.

5 comments:

doug nicodemus said...

very funny and totally unconventional

clem said...

So you're saying that the most blessed of beings become birds. That clearly implies that dinosaurs were the real Chosen Ones. It further implies that when I go to hell for my many blasphemies and face the devil, I will find myself looking at Col. Sanders.

Jeremy said...

Clem, visit kentuckyfriedcruelty.com to see Satan Col. Sanders.

I love the "Happy Father's Day, Dad!" in the corner. Thats awesome.

I am by no means a Biblical scholar, but in all of my reading and studying of the Bible, I have not seen where it says we will have wings like Angels do.

Woo Pig Brewey! said...

Forget the wings and virgins and all that, I'll just take the free gas.

Garrett Williams said...

At least he'll be able to safely perch on power lines now! I've tried that, and getting shocked, then falling, is not fun.