Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fire in the Hole

Bizarro is brought to you today by Heartburn.

Here's a cartoon that's kind of lame, really. I guess I thought the drawing was fun because the idea is a little trite. It happens. One of my regular readers emailed me and said he particularly loved this one, though, so I'm guessing it appealed to others, too.

Our Internet is still out so we're looking forward to tomorrow and the rare honor of hosting a Time Warner Cable repair technician in our home. He or she is due between 10am and 2pm, so we're cleaning all day today (and probably tonight) and the caterer is scheduled to show up at 9 in the morning to get things set up. We're so excited!

8 comments:

Jessica Samantha said...

I thought that's really funny!

So, Dan, where do you get your inspiration, anyways?!

ojeano said...

Not trite! Deeply funny!

Jan Dreier said...

The "lameness" makes it just that much funnier!

Anonymous said...

That... Okay, that is freakin' adorable. <3

Robin Cain said...

I thought it was funny and kinda cute.

May I come to the cable repair guy party?

Anonymous said...

THIS is just the type of humor that is my favorite over the years of following your work. This fire escape one is right up there with my all time favorite of yours, the kid who grew up to be a fireman-pirate-astronaut. I will buy a wall hanging version for my house of that one when the finances turn around for the better one day.

doug nicodemus said...

trite can be funny i know....

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny!!!

I'm a fireman, and I plan to print it and put it on the bulletin board at the firehouse.