Monday, December 6, 2010

Off With...

Bizarro is brought to you today by Signage.

After this published, I got a few emails from people asking if I knew I had misspelled "pumpkin." Even if I hadn't know it, my editor would have caught it, which she did and checked with me to make sure it was intentional. I told her what I'm telling you now – yes, it was intentional. I wanted to make it look like one of those hand-made signs in the country which you often see along American highways which, in my experience, are frequently misspelled, so I did this to add a touch of realixm.

Nonetheless, the actual joke is in the other sign so let's just drop it.

Got big deadlines today, so I'm cutting this short. Anyone see HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" last night night? It's getting gooooood.

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait.. Dan... Did you know you misspelled 'Pumpkin'?

Just helping out.

Your little beaner, Victor.

Jym said...

=v= You know what would go well with this comic? Your June 25, 2001 comic.

Anonymous said...

Also maybe a cole slaw recipe... somehow involving pumpkin.