Monday, November 2, 2009

Brady Apocalypse Pants

Bizarro is brought to you today by Towel Paradise.

Since I didn't post any cartoons last week while I was away, here are a few of my favorites from the missing week to catch up a bit.

The onion gag is funny to me, but I also like the dude's Brady Bunch hairdo. I don't normally draw men with this kind of coif, but I will be doing more of it in the future because of it's awesomeness.

The "End of the World" gag is a version of the man-carrying-end-of-the-world-sign cartoon cliche. Longtime readers (both of them) know that I enjoy putting a new spin on the classic cartoon motifs, and I thought this one was fun. Like all living humans under the age of 70, I am on Facebook, but I can't say that I get anything out of it. If I want to say something to someone, I send them an email (call me old fashioned) and because my name is known by more people than I know, I get so many messages on there that I don't have time to do anything other than click "accept" on friend requests and "ignore" on everything else. I don't join groups or causes, don't send "pokes" or "bites" or "transfusions" or whatever else they have on there, and I don't read invitations. Nothing personal, I just don't have the time.


The baggy pants joke is my favorite of these three. Anyone who knows me is well aware of my constant and decades-long stupefaction over the baggy pants fad. Anything about giant, baggy pants is and has always been funny. That's why clowns wear them.

I hope to have time to do my travelogue blog tomorrow. Tune in then, my frenz.

6 comments:

Neal said...

Quick Facebook suggestion / Unsolicited advice.
Consider creating a Fan page in Facebook that your fans can follow you on. You don't need to accept them and you can post things strictly related to your comic work. Then unfriend the vast majority of people in your current friend list. Get down to your actual friends / acquaintances. Finally, set security so that nobody can request you as a friend. This will allow your fans to follow your work and you and your actual friends to follow each other without a bunch of fans looking in on you. You can still request other people as friends and odds are your actual friends will probably know how to contact you outside Facebook to ask you to friend them.

Just a little tip. Take it for what it is worth...not much.

Later,

Anonymous said...

Did you change the date of the 2nd one, isn't it suppose to be 10-16-09? ;^)

Piraro said...

You're right, I hadn't even noticed that the date was wrong. Damn!

Anonymous said...

That was pretty funny this past Sunday with the Scariest-things list (i.e. “The Person Afraid of Affordable Health Care”). I have one scarier…
“Person in favor of Government-Run Health Care.” You could have a sheep holding Kool Aid in one hand and “Tax the Rich!” sign in the other. That would be cool.

doug nicodemus said...

i wish i had a date

David said...

Cute cartoon. My girlfriend really liked it!