Monday, May 19, 2008

More Chins Than...

Today's Bizarro cartoon is brought to you by Asian Laundry Services International.


This joke was suggested to me by a friend who is a very big dude and likes to kid himself about it. Thanks, Derek.

I got a few emails asking if the guy in the lower right corner is supposed to be me. Yes, it is, and yes, this regular habit of mine is something of an homage to Hitchcock. When I was young, my dad showed me how Alfred would appear momentarily in the early scenes of his movies, which instantly became my favorite thing to watch for. I put myself and CHNW in my cartoons all the time, but only folks who know us or read this blog realize it's us.

One reader asked if that was tofu I'm eating. I'm not a huge fan of tofu, but I do eat it from time to time. Whatever it is, it certainly is not meat. Although it is a cartoon, and animals are rarely harmed in the production of cartoon meat.

6 comments:

Daniel Joseph Sardella said...

Judging by the consistency, it looks like Dan might be eating seitan.

I myself, do like tofu, but have been trying to eat less of it, as I try to incorporate more raw food into my diet.

Anonymous said...

You're eating some undeterminable bit of perfectly cubed organic stuff while a scrumptious piece of pie is right behind you? YOU FOOL! Grab it before the fat guy loses it in his chins.

HollyBerry said...

i imagine the secret second panel featuring bill murray holding a pot of coffee and the wu-tang clan giving him advice on how to turn his life around. and in the foreground, our friend dan is returning his meal because that piece of whatever he was eating before has somehow turned and is now making obcene faces at him. so much for it being tofu...

History Is A Weapon said...

Not to be like comic book guy, greedy despite years and years of free entertainment, but as a vegetarian bizarro fan I need to know. When are you going to post pictures of the colon costume?

Daniel Joseph Sardella said...

ewwww...blog spam.

B.A.D. said...

I love watching for your and CHNW cameo's. I'm a girl who likes my tofu but seitan has blown tofu outta the water for me.