Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Black Cloud

Today's Bizarro is brought to you by the political party that is supposed to be good for the economy.

This idea came in part from my buddy Phil, a budding cartoonist in his own right. He and I have had a pretty good number of collaborative efforts in the past year or so.

I write 90% or more of my comics, but I'm always willing to look at other people's ideas. Fresh perspective is important if you've got to write a cartoon a day, for life. I've been doing this without break since 1985. As I type that it makes me a little nauseous.

9 comments:

Sara B. said...

Not that this has got anything to do with today's cartoon, I just didn't know where else to post it:

Now that you're posting comics daily on the internet anyway, wouldn't it make good PR if there was a bizarro facebook application? I've seen people have wulffmorgenthaler strips (a danish cartoon) appear on their profile page every day. I'd rather advertise for bizarro!

julie said...

A Facebook app certainly could be done... Wouldn't be that hard. Dan, if you're interested, email me.

Piraro said...

Sounds like a good idea, but I don't actually know what it is. And which "julie" is this? I clicked on your name but couldn't get to your profile. Yes, tell me about it!

julie said...

It's julie at happychaos... I'll email you, Dan.

Sara B. said...

I'm glad you're taking it from here, Julie, 'cause I have no idea what it 'is' other than a potentially fun idea.. Good luck with it

Michael Tallon said...

do a fan page on facebook. i'll become one of your first fans.

Martybops said...

do it son

Unknown said...

Phil Witte is one of the most slyly-wiley humorists I've ever read...an amalgum [sic] of the best of S. J. Perelman, Will Rogers, and Uncle Joe.
Phil + Bizarro is a collaboration worthy of case study in a graduate seminar on left-handed Mirth & Hilarity.
Where can I find more PW-cum Bzro?
Does he write sketch comedy too?
Is Phil Witte a pseudonym for Steve Martin et al?
I once heard him on a midnight radio talk show & chortled into the wee hours.

Dan the deal man said...

you'll have to login to facebook.....
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2345563080
someone already made 1