Friday, May 30, 2008

Invisible Sex

Today's Bizarro cartoon is brought to you by Illusory Liaisons Motel. Hourly rates available.

I like this cartoon a lot for reasons I'm not entirely sure of. As pathetic as it is, the combination of two imaginary relationships with low enough self-esteem to invent them double-crossing you is funny to me. The ultimate defeatist.

There may also be an autobiographical element in this one. I caught my first wife cheating on me and it led to a divorce and the most difficult year of my life. In the midst of that storm the anguish seemed it would never end, but twelve years later, the episode has no more hold on me than the memory of a bad bout of flu. A valuable lesson learned.

Now all my imaginary friends are eunuchs and CHNW won't let me have a make-believe girlfriend, so I'm safe on all fronts.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This reminds me of Big Bird. His imaginary friend is a bit of a downer with low self-esteem. What kind of imagination is that?

Unknown said...

Charlie,

Snuffleupagus was always my favorite character. After reading your comment I'm not quite sure what that says about me.

Unknown said...

Don't get me wrong-Snuffy is a likable fellow! But he's not your imaginary friend, he's Big Bird's. So, no worries.

marine_explorer said...

So when do the imaginary lawyers get involved?

Unknown said...

hilarious cartoon Dan, one of my favorites