Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Saggy Ink

Bizarro is brought to you today by an Awesome Rock Show.

Simple word play again today, seems to be the week for it. Nothing much to say about this one other than that Cliff is a friend of mine, with whom I am working on a book project. His fiance did not break up with him, however. He's happily married.

In other news, Parade Magazine continues to publish my cartoons from time to time and below is one they've featured as a caption contest. If you consider yourself a captioneer you can still enter their contest and win whatever it is they are awarding.

A lot of people really enjoy caption contests and I'd have one on this blog except that I've found two things to be true of them:
1. it is a tedious task to sift through all of the entries, many of which are uncannily identical
2. if 800 people enter, you make one person happy and piss off 799

Seems a losing proposition to me so I'll not be offering any caption contests here, but if you want to submit your idea for this cartoon in the comments section, I'll read it. I won't choose a winner and all you stand to win is my silent respect. Obscene captions will be deleted as I continue to attempt to keep this blog relatively family friendly so I can continue to list the URL in my client newspapers.

Thanks for understanding, you're a sweetheart.

After the Parade contest is over, I'll tell you my original caption for this cartoon. Which I meant to use in Bizarro and maybe did. I can't remember just now and can't find my archives. If I didn't use it, I will later this year. The joke was inspired by CHNW's grandmother, who has numerous tattoos, most of which she got after the age of 60.

20 comments:

derekamalo said...

yeah baby this is the man my boy [piraro takes the gold look at his competition

http://www.reuben.org/news/


paybacks not a bitch i can see his testicles baby

derekamalo said...

hey dan i saw your comment section about url.....write to blog spot and see if you can block ip adresses

Karl said...

Dan,

Sorry I had to do this, but the Parade caption contest only allows US contributors. If I don't hear any comments back, I'll know I've won your silent respect. Is that silent laughter I'm hearing?


"Yes sir, I was wondering if you could add arms to match my body dress tattoo."

derekamalo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeremy said...

I submitted "What do you have in the way of playful kittens?"

Anonymous said...

LMAO AT MALO

Dave Stratton said...

I just submitted a guaranteed loser, so I'll share it here.

"Is a tramp stamp cheaper than a forever stamp?"

They're going to hate it due to the implied dementia. But that's all I could think of at the moment.

Anonymous said...

I got,

"I need something to piss off the grandkids"

and

"I want to commemerate my historectomy"

out

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dosbears said...

I submitted 10 clever word-play captions to see if any would win, but no pun in ten did.

Unknown said...

What's the Senior Citizen discount for a tattoo and a piercing?

Mike said...

Caption: "...but make it small so it won't look ugly when I get old."

Unknown said...

When I was younger I had a hummingbird tattooed on my breast, now it looks like a peacock and I want to get it colored to match!

or

I want a "W" on each butt cheek so when I'm working in the garden I can WoW the neighborhood!

doug nicodemus said...

the refinance cartoon is priceless
hahahahaha

derekamalo said...

hey dan you now what i can use some of your patience, calmness and tolerance...if these three thigs go with being a vegan ill do it

Karl said...

The refiance cartoon is clever/funny. I don't know how I missed seeing the ring in the girl's hand, first time I read it. I probably should have enlarged the image.

Anonymous said...

what dan comment are you talking about malo?

Anonymous said...

Once again leave it to Doug to have the stupidest comment of the week.

Anonymous said...

OK, sonny. Let me just pull out my needles and I'll fill in the rest.

SAM BROOKINS said...

aww I wasn't on yesterday.. mine would have been:

"Do you have gift cards? My grandson is a big fan of these things."