Friday, December 4, 2009

Pay or Play










(click the image to make it largerer so you can see it betterer.)

Bizarro is brought to you today by Make Music Not War.

Here is another odd topic, one which just crawled out of my head and onto my drawing board and refused to leave so I shipped it off for publication. Sometimes that's the only way to rid myself of these things.

A man is held up on the street, but has no money. The mugger then marches him into a music shop, steals a violin, marches him home, watches over him as he learns to play, then years later makes him perform on the street until someone tosses some money at him and – voila – the mugger gets what he wants.

Good old American ingenuity.

I'm off to D.C. this weekend to perform some comedy at a couple of charity holiday parties. I hope it is fun and not tragic and hideous, forever etching itself in my mind as that weekend I should have stayed home.

I hope, too, that you enjoy your weekend, whatever you have planned.

9 comments:

doug nicodemus said...

train plane or automobile?

Lawyer Dave said...

Where are you appearing in DC? I'd love to see you, if I can make it work.

Penny Mitchell said...

Love the hippie guy on the bike.

And the mugger's plan in the comic is just as logical as Donald Rumsfeld stating that the Iraqis would welcome us as liberators. Perhaps even MORE logical.

Wobbles said...

Great strip, amazingly similar to one of the best comics from John Campbell: http://www.picturesforsadchildren.com/index.php?comicID=257.

If you've never seen PFSC, I'd recommend it. I'd also love to know more about which cartoonists you read.

patrick said...

This comic reminds me of some of Sergio Aragones' work in Mad. (Not complaining, just noticing.)

Anonymous said...

A bitt of off-topic, but, knowing of the esteemed blogger's deep love towards the baggy pants theme, and having no other means of communication, I am hereby forced to post the links to relevant images here )

http://imagechan.com/images/6494912e1541a44f4d0eef36a707c066.jpg

http://s49.radikal.ru/i125/0912/fb/9d5d2e8f4a2a.jpg

Anonymous said...

As a follow-up, another interpretation of an image the link to which I posted above:
http://byokan.net/images/2009/nakanohito/TJNbx.jpg

confused said...

I'm sorry, this just shows what's wrong with America. There is just not enough sax and too much violins in the comics today.

David said...

Thanks. This is exactly what I needed. It's been a tough couple of days.