Thursday, October 7, 2010

Foot Baseball Guano


Bizarro is brought to you today by Lifesaving Fashion.

The gig at Caroline's last night went well, thanks to those of you who came out on a chilly Wednesday night. A few of us headed over to a bar off Times Square afterward for a few drinks; a good time was had by all. Here's a pic from the gig. Not very interesting, I know, but stand-up comedy isn't a particularly visual art form. Maybe this one of me and my mom is better.

Today I get to stay home, which I'm thrilled about. I had to run errands yesterday then get to that show, so I didn't get as much done as I should have. Tomorrow night I'm performing at Bowery Poetry Club (I'll be reading Homer's Iliad and Odyssey in their entirety, which will take in excess of 27 hours not counting bathroom breaks, if my calculations are correct.) Then I have to go out of town this weekend and next weekend, too, so my deadlines are threatening and I'm worried I am in for some late nights.

So let's make it a short post: Shoot yourself in the foot/aim higher. I like the gag, the art is kind of dull, but whatever.
The baseball joke is timely, the pros are in the playoffs right now. I often wonder what those guys are talking about on the mound... "You're sucking, man, if you don't stop throwing puffballs, I'm going to take you out of the game." "Oh, my mistake. You want me to throw it so they don't hit it so much? But that makes the game boring for the fans and it's already a pretty boring sport."

Lastly, here's a cartoon that ran on this day in 1996. I'm not great at math, but that's over ten years ago!

4 comments:

monsterzero said...

happy happy! joy joy!

kreisler said...

you are funny

Becky said...

east coast. west coast. how about a show for the midwest? your fans here in minneapolis (i'm sure i'm not the only one here who loves you!) would love to see your comedy act.

Oskar said...

The baseball one is brilliant! It took me a second (not being American, and not terribly used to the ins and outs of baseball), but that only made me appreciate it more.

Also, this has nothing to do with anything, but just yesterday I saw a transperson out jogging who looked JUST LIKE YOU! That's not a slight against either you or the transperson, you both make very handsome men!