Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Music Comedy

Oh yeah, Oh yeah...

I'm doing a variety show thing in NYC this coming Sunday night, September 19, 2010. There will be music and comedy by several performers, two of whom will be me. I'll do a ten-minute set of comedy, then later in the show I'll be performing one of my original songs (not a comedy song) about Brooklyn. It's called "Brooklyn."

The show is hosted by my buddy, Matthew Diffee, famed cartoonist of The New Yorker and fellow former Texan. Please come by if you're in the area, please send your area friends if you're not.

Tickets are $10 at the door or $7 in advance at www.nuyorican.org TICKETS AND INFO

September 19th 7:00pm
Nuyorican Poets Cafe
236 E. 3rd Street (between ave B and C)
New York, NY

Hope to see you there.


.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Was the banana okay?

BobbyG said...

I like the cat song better.

Luis said...

Sorry, off-topic perhaps but I just have to ask: (a) is that hat consistently on sale, (b) did you buy a whole bunch and are slowly going through them, or (c) do you just take really good care of the one?

I won't be able to sleep until I get an answer.

Piraro said...

@Tom...yes, it was fine. What banana?
@BobbyG...me too, but it isn't right for this show. But thanks.
@Luis...I have lots of hats but I most often wear that one, which I take good care of. They aren't the cheap, hipster hats you can buy on street corners nowadays, I buy them from the traditional old-man hat stores. Every few years they die and I buy another that is similar.

Unknown said...

Wish I was in New York to see a couple of Former Texans. Regrettably, I am a Current Texan in Austin and can't stop by! DARN.

Love the LES PAUL! It is a Les Paul, right?

Piraro said...

@D...sorry you couldn't make it, you were missed! Actually, it's a Gibson ES 137, hollow-body electric.