Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Contest Thursday, Ham Today


Bizarro is brought to you today by Hockey Moms.

I've never thought of myself as much of a caricaturist, but the pig character does look an awful lot like Steve Schirripa as his character, Bobby 'Bacala' Baccalieri on The Sopranos, who, more than likely, loves his prosciutto. I don't blame him, when I was still eating animals, I loved prosciutto, too. In fact, my parents used to run an Italian deli and sold some of the most delicious home recipes. Yum. As most of my readers know, I don't eat that way anymore.

I mostly did this cartoon because I thought the name Tony "Chest Pain" Proscuitto was funny.

I think I'll do another contest this week, for those of you who have been asking for it. Look for it on Thursday at 7pm NYC time. Here's a link to a past contest so you'll know what this is about if you're new to the game. Same basic rules and prizes.

Until tomorrow, be wonderful in your own little wonderland.

5 comments:

Prospero said...

I have to say, that caricature of Ms. Cruz is how I always picture her... She puts the 'creep' in 'creepy.'

Tama Boyle said...

That guy's jacket buttons up the wrong way.

June said...

I liked the cartoon but think Bobby is much handsomer than your Tony. Also I buy the argument for meatless living. However, for those who just can't make the break why not take half measures? Eat more meatless meals. Avoid the worst offenders of the animal industry. That works. I quit eating meat from anything with eyelashes on January 1, 1979 after my mother had a second heart attack at age 59. Health considerations, the environmental consequences of large animal farms, and the inefficiency of protein transfer through the food web convinced me it would be foolish and immoral to eat like I did in cornfed Nebraska. I haven't missed meat. Or Nebraska either.

doug nicodemus said...

ha

Penny Mitchell said...

I fully expected a photo of Sarah Freakin' Palin in the "hockey mom" link, and was utterly thrilled to not see her there. The photo you did use was so much more pleasant to look at than her insane, yapping face, which should tell you just how amazingly sick I am of seeing her.